For the crust
- 12 dried dates stems removed
- ½ cup sunflower butter – made in vitamix with raw sunflower seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, coarsely ground flax meal, agave nectar, cinnamon and a dash of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup gluten free oats
For the caramel
- 12-14 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water for an hour
- 5-6 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
2 mashed bananas
For the topping
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons ground coffee
- First make your crust. Add all of your crust ingredients into a food processor and mix until well combined. Add the crust mixture to a bread pan and push down until the mixture is flat.
- Now add your dates and pulse until dates have broken down (less than a minute) then add your coconut milk, tablespoon by tablespoon to the dates while the food processor is still running. Then add your water as well.
- And add your vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Process until you get a caramel. BOOM. May take 3-5 minutes- mine stayed a little more liquid than expected but it did not effect flavor
- Pour caramel over your crust and spread evenly.
- Now add layer of mashed banana
- Melt chocolate and coconut milk together in a double boiler
- Once your chocolate is completely melted, add your ground coffee and mix well.
- Pour melted chocolate over your caramel and spread evenly.
- Put in freezer to let chocolate harden. Around 10+ minutes.